Thursday 12 March 2015

Introduction

Server not Servant


My job title is sales assistant, I am there to assist you, and I like to think I am good at my job, the occasional customer would possibly disagree with you but they probably fell into one of the bad customer brackets that I plan on writing -possibly moaning, probably bitching - about in this blog. I will admit this is probably more of a venting frustration thing than anything else but if someone reads it and thinks about the way they act next time they are out shopping on the high street then I win.

Before you comment, yes some sales assistants are shit, I agree a lot of the stuff that is written about bad customer service is totally justified and sometimes it really is because someone is crap at their job. However, think of your worst day at work ever - and then add another complicated or stupid question, someone who doesn't say please or thank you, a bad joke, a personal comment, a bad assumption, someone being impatient - this addition could be you, or the customer before you but sometimes it is no wonder that you may not get that winning smile.

Disclaimer

Through the course of writing this blog you may figure out which retailer I work for, this blog in no way represents any of their views or is about them as an employer, I have worked in retail for twenty years in a number of areas of retail and different sized stores and companies, examples may be taken from any of these jobs.





No comments:

Post a Comment